Ronnie Dunn is country. To the bone. But, don’t let that fool you into thinking he’s afraid of trying something new.
What you may ask? How about covering a song from Ariana Grande on his album, AND naming the album after that very song. Tattooed Heart will be Ronnie’s first album for Big Machine Label Group, on Oct. 21. Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts produced 11 of the tracks. Tommy Lee James produced “Still Feels Like Mexico,” which features Reba McEntire.
The project’s current single is “Damn Drunk,” with special guest Kix Brooks. The album will be available for pre-order on Sept. 23.
“I had a lot of fun making this album. Jay and I really clicked in the studio and we were both really proud of the final product,” said Dunn. “I branched out of my comfort zone while writing and listening to a ton of music. At the suggestion of my daughter, I even recorded an Ariana Grande song. Ironically, it became the title of the album.”
1. “Ain’t No Trucks in Texas” (Tony Martin, Wendell Mobley, Neil Thrasher)
2. “Damn Drunk” with Kix Brooks (Liz Hengber, Alex Kline, Ben Stennis)
3. “I Worship the Woman You Walked On” (Bob DiPiero, Mitzi Dawn Jenkins, Tony Mullins)
4. “That’s Why They Make Jack Daniels” (Jim Collins, Tom Hambridge, Tony Martin)
5. “I Put That There” (Deric Ruttan, Jonathan Singleton)
6. “Young Buck” (Jaren Johnston, Jeremy Stover)
7. “I Wanna Love Like That Again” (Ronnie Dunn)
8. “Still Feels Like Mexico” featuring Reba McEntire (Tommy Lee James, Jon Randall)
9. “Tattooed Heart” (Antonio Dixon, Kenneth Edmonds, Sean Forman, Ariana Grande, Matt Squire, Leon Thomas, Khristopher Van Riddick Tynes)
10. “This Old Heart” (Jim Beavers, Jonathan Singleton)
12. “Only Broken Heart in San Antone” (Steve Bogard, Jeff Stevens)