Contribute to “The Most Entertaining Country Site Ever.”
Whiskey Riff is the voice of the country music fan and the most entertaining country site…ever.
Having said that, we are looking for young, passionate country fans with a sense of humor to contribute to our growing site and brand. With website traffic that reaches millions of readers each month, Whiskey Riff is the fastest growing country site for young fans.
What we’re looking for:
People that love writing, have a sense of humor, and couldn’t live without country music. ALL country fans are welcome. We love fans of modern country music, and fans of the traditional stuff. We love differing opinions, as well.
What you’ll be writing:
It’s up to you.
Humor your thing? We have a spot for you. Want to write about hunting and the outdoors? Come on over. Sports? Love that too. Funny opinion pieces on life, dating, and everything in between? Bingo. Anything else country fans would enjoy is fair game. The majority of our fans are in their 20’s, and have a good sense of humor. Make ’em laugh, get ’em talking. That’s what we are all about. We love to push the boundaries, we want you to do the same with your writing.
Contact wes [at] whiskeyriff [dot] com with the following:
– “Write for Whiskey Riff” in the subject line.
– College you are attending/attended
– Your Major
– Twitter account/Instagram account
– the type of writing you want to do
** yes, this is paid. Assuming you can consistently write well, of course…
*By submitting a post for publication to Whiskey Riff, you agree than you have read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Posts must be your own original work that has not been published on any other website, forum, chat or social media network.
2. Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted.
3. When quoting others, please make sure to properly cite your source.
4. Posts will acknowledge your authorship, but will be the property of Whiskey Riff
5. Once the post has been submitted to Whiskey Riff you may not publish it anywhere online, in part or in whole, including your own website or blog without permission.
6. If we publish your submission, you may promote it on your own website, Facebook, Twitter or other social media forums.
7. Affiliate links shall not be included in post submissions.
8. Whiskey Riff reserves the right to add its own affiliate links where appropriate.
9. Writers will receive writing credit as author of their post at the beginning of the article.
10. We do not pay simply for submissions. If you decide to submit a post to our site, you do so with the knowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any
other compensation related to the post, unless otherwise agreed upon.
11. Whiskey Riff encourages images and/or video to accompany your submission as long as they meet the following requirements:
a. The writer must be the copyright holder of the image/video OR the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain. Proof must be submitted along with any image/video showing that it does not infringe on copyright laws.
b. Whiskey Riff reserves the right to change/edit the image/video if necessary.
c. Video/image submissions must be relevant to the post.
d. Whiskey Riff reserves the right to deny or remove any image/video it deems contrary to the values of the Whiskey Riff company and brand.
12. Whiskey Riff will share and promote your article on a variety of social media networks, but does not guarantee any particular site or audience reach.
13. Links to any third-party site must be relevant to the topic and approved by Whiskey Riff.
14. All submissions are reviewed and approved by Whiskey Riff prior to posting.
15. Whiskey Riff reserves the right to edit posts where necessary, including the altering of titles.
16. Whiskey Riff reserves the right to refuse publication or remove a post without prior notice to the writer.
17. By providing a contributing article to Whiskey Riff, you agree that you are in no way becoming a part of the website or company, nor shall you hold yourself out to be a member of the Whiskey Riff website or company.
18. If a post submission needs improvements, a Whiskey Riff representative may let you know and offer suggestions so that it may be published at a later time. Whiskey Riff will make its best effort to review your submissions in a timely manner. Whiskey Riff reserves the right to refuse publication of any submission.
In order to participate in certain services on the Platform (e.g., if you make a purchase or enter a contest), you may be notified that you are required to agree to additional terms and conditions. Such additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by this reference but such additional terms shall control solely for the applicable service.
We may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting on the Platform. You will be deemed to have agreed to any such modifications by your further use of the Platform after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes. If you do not agree with the modifications, please discontinue use of the Platform immediately.
With the exception of content posted by users of the Platform (“User Content”), all materials contained on the Platform, including all content, and the software, graphics, text and look and feel of the Platform, and all trademarks (including Whiskey Riff), copyrights, patents and other intellectual property rights related thereto (“Proprietary Materials”), are owned or controlled by Whiskey Riff, our subsidiaries or affiliated companies, contributors, our third party licensors, and/or our advertising partners. You may not modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any Proprietary Materials, or any other protectable aspects of the Platform, in whole or in part, unless specifically stated otherwise. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement and any other relevant policies related to the Platform, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable limited license, subject to the limitations herein, to access and use the Platform and Proprietary Materials for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes consistent with the intended purpose of the Platform. You agree not to use the Platform for any other purpose.
Validity of Assertions
Our Platform contains published rumors, speculations, assumptions and opinions in addition to factual information. Therefore, information that you read on the Platform may or may not be true and should not be taken or interpreted as fact.