There’s only one way to drink eggnog as far as I’m concerned and it involves a shitload (technical term) of bourbon and/or rum. You can now make your own version of cousin Eddie’s spiked eggnog from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
Here’s exactly how to make it from Delish:
1. Combine eggs, sugar, salt and milk over medium heat, stirring continuously for 10-12 minutes, or until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon.
2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
3. Fill a larger bowl halfway with ice water. Lower the bottom of the saucepan into the ice water dish to cool the egg mixture for about 5 minutes.
4. Place egg mixture in the refrigerator to chill, about 20 minutes.
5. Once chilled, add whipped cream, rum and bourbon to egg mixture, stirring to combine.
6. Pour into cups and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve. Get drunk.
Watch the video below for a play by play…
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
2 2/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
1/2 c. spiced rum
1/3 c. bourbon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Buy a really good quality eggnog and fancy it up yourself. Add the spiced rum of choice, the bourbon, the nutmeg and vanilla. Top with fresh whipped cream and BOOM the whole family is wasted.
Whiskey Riff is the most entertaining country site…ever.
Meet The Team
Whiskey Riff Shop
Your Email Address: