Whiskey/bourbon goes really well with sweets, like an apple pie. They add a depth that’s gonna have people asking “what is that in there?” These Mini Fireball Apple Pies just won your Thanksgiving. Here’s what ya need.
1. Store bought pie crust pastry. You don’t need to make your own if you can find a good one. You’ll probably want two crusts good enough for 9 in pies.
2. 4-5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
3. 1/2 cup white sugar, or brown if you prefer a more caramel-y filling
4. 2 tablespoons of flour
5. lemon juice
6. Fireball whisky (some to drink, some for the pie)
7. Nutmeg, about 1/4 tsp or more/less based on preference
8. Cinnamon, 1 tsp or more/less based on preference
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take your pie crusts, and cut them into rounds that will fit in your mini pie dishes.
3. In a bowl, mix apples, sugar, flour, a dash of lemon juice, a few dashes of Fireball (and take a sip), your nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix well, and let sit for 15 minutes. The apples will release some of its juice, mix again.
4. Fill your pie crusts, and close the top with another round, or get fancy with crust strips – up to you.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until nicely golden brown, with a molten gooey filling. Let rest for a good 20 minutes. Enjoy. And pour another whiskey.
Whiskey Riff is the most entertaining country site…ever.