Lauren is a fantastic songwriter, and this tracklist features co-writers like the Pistol Annie’s Ashley Monroe, Carter Faith, Rodney Clawson, Nicolle Galyon and more, so my interest is already piqued knowing what a strong group worked on this project.
Two of the songs will feature Carter Faith and Jake Worthington in “Cowboys on Music Row” and “Fly On The Wall,” respectively.
Lauren, a Nashville native, says this is the next step in introducing herself to the world as an artist, and it’s going to be an even deeper look into who she is and what she’s been through:
“‘Introducing: The Heartbreak’ is basically the next step in introducing myself and my music to the world. First, I released ‘Introducing: Lauren Watkins,’ which was just saying, ‘here’s me, here’s where I came from, what I’m influenced by.’
This is the next step, going even deeper into who I am, what I’ve gone through, how I think about things. It’s truly introducing the heartbreak I’ve experienced, which will eventually roll out into something much bigger.
For now, it’s these six songs that tell the top-to-bottom story of a love, and it’s the perfect introduction to what comes next. I hope you love it like I do.”
Introducing: The Heartbreak is due out everywhere on November 17th, and the first two singles will be released on October 20th.
1. Fine County Line (Lauren Watkins, Rodney Clawson, Nicolle Galyon)
2. Jealous of Jane (Lauren Watkins, Caroline Watkins, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
3. Fly On The Wall (Lauren Watkins, Andy Sheridan, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)*
4. Stuck In My Ways (Lauren Watkins, Will Bundy, David Garcia, Emily Landis)
5. Cowboys on Music Row (Lauren Watkins, Jessie Jo Dillon, Carter Faith, Lauren Hungate, Ashley Monroe, Caroline Watkins)**
6. The Table (Lauren Watkins, Nicolle Galyon, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
“Sleeping In My Makeup” is still one of my favorites from the first EP: