Thankfully, no one was injured or harmed during the tragic house fire, which resulted in black smoke billowing out of the top story of the multi-level building. Local news stations covered the story from beginning to end, and we’re even there to capture a live shot when Hill returned from practicing with the Miami Dolphins.
The video of violent fire coming the top portion of Hill’s home was all over social media yesterday:
Tyreek Hill’s house is currently on fire. Firefighters have been battling the massive house fire for about 25 minutes and it is unclear if anyone was inside at the time. Tyreek Hill is currently at practice. pic.twitter.com/GawnPcXf6r
After a long, drawn out battle, the Broward County firefighters we’re able to put out the fire that had engulfed the upper portion of the star WR’s house. They first tried to extinguish the flames from outside the home, but at one point had no choice but to enter into the premises to put it out.
And after an investigation by the fire department, the incident was deemed as accidental. It was discovered that the source of the house fire was a small cigarette lighter that a child inside the home had been playing with, according to the Associated Press.
NEWS: A kid playing in a bedroom with a cigarette lighter caused the fire inside #Dolphins star Tyreek Hill's house, per the Associated Press.
As it is stated in the above post, the $7 million home was heavily damaged by the fire, but the most important aspect of the story is that everyone that was inside the house when it went up in flames got out and was okay.
Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa was asked about the situation his teammate was going through during his time with the media yesterday, and the leader of the locker room had this to say:
“It’s difficult for not just my teammates, but anyone in general to be going through what Tyreek is going through right now. I think the main thing is (that) his family is safe, his loved ones are good, and he’s good as well.
I know it’s a little cliche to say, but things like that, some of those things in his house are replaceable. I’m just glad that a lot of his family members are safe.”