It’s no secret that four-time Grammy nominee has one of the best voices in mainstream country right now, and it’s also no secret that her combination of incredible vocals and songwriting abilities have fans begging for more.
Her new live EP, Never Will: Live From A Distance, is set to release on Friday, May 28th, but she’s once again posted a sneak peek into the EP with a live release of her song “Shut Up Sheila.”
There’s a little humor behind the story of this song, as McBryde gave us a little explanation to what she means by “Shut Up Sheila:”
“There’s somebody in your family that you want to smack in the face and tell them to shut up.
But because we are from the South or we live in the South, we use our ‘company manners’ all the time. We don’t always get to ball that fist up and go ‘Shut Up!’ Now you don’t have to- now you can just listen to that song.”
This live release of “Shut Up Sheila” comes after a recent release of McBryde’s live version of “Martha Divine.”
And bouncing back to the story behind the song, I can relate to what she says about using “company manners.”
Growing up in the south, we all have a tendency to sugar coat things at times and not say what’s on our mind, so kudos to McBryde for relating to her southern background in the song.
Here’s a look at the track-list for Never Will: Live From A Distance:
1. First Thing I Reach For (Ashley McBryde, Randall Clay, Mick Holland)
2. Shut Up Sheila (Nicolette Hayford, Charles Chisholm)
3. Velvet Red (Ashley McBryde, Patrick Savage)
4. Voodoo Doll (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Brandy Clark, Connie Harrington, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Raitiere)
5. Martha Divine (Ashley McBryde, Jeremy Spillman)
6. Sparrow (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Brandy Clark, Connie Harrington, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Raitiere)