Well this happened back on April Fool’s Day, but the hilarity of the video makes it still worthy of an article.
Usually you only see videos come out of Little League if one of the players is a child-prodigy or one of the parents “gets into it” with one of the umpires (who don’t get paid enough to deal with B.S. from parents). This one happens to fall in the rare category of neither of those.
Little League Baseball (where apparently now has walk up songs for the kids) is a great way to grow the sport. The lessons that the kids learn playing the game will last a lifetime.
The kids also learned that for the time being, their mothers are still calling the shots. In this hilarious TikTok video, every single Little Leaguer couldn’t believe their ears as they walked up to the plate and their regular walk up songs had somehow been replaced.
An epic April Fool’s Day prank by these Moms, and like the video is captioned, “it does not disappoint.”
@d1_percent #baseball #baseballboys #walkupsongs #aprilfools #walkupsongchange #moms #warriorsPC @realtor_stephanie ♬ original sound – D1Percent
We don’t know what each batter’s original walk up song was, but we at least know what their mom’s choice was for them. I have the song choices listed below just like they were a baseball lineup you would see for a pro team.
1. “Milkshake” by Kelis, which bring the classic lyrics of “My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they’re like, it’s better than yours”
2. “Anaconda” by Nicki Minaj, which also could’ve been the version from the SING movie franchise. It was tough to tell, but you did hear the lyrics “Oh my gosh, look at her butt.”
3. “Pretty Girls Walk” by Big Boss Vetter, which might be the best song choice because it is somewhat related to baseball.
4. “Made You Look” by Meghan Trainor
5. “Players” by Coi Leray, which played “Yeah, yeah, girls is players too, uh” as the kid stepped into the box.
6. “Just A Girl” by Gwen Stefani’s No Doubt group.
7. The weirdest song of the group, which the internet says is “The Cuppy Cake Song” and played the lyrics of “You’re my honey bunch.”
8. FINALLY A COUNTRY SONG! Shania Twain’s all-time-classic “Man! I Feel Like A Woman!”
9. “Don’t Cha” by The Pussycat Dolls, which has the lyrics of “Don’t you wish your girlfriend was hot like me.”
DH or Pinch Hitter (I guess 10 players got to hit): Miley Cyrus’ new hit song “Flowers.”
Each and every last kid was embarrassed as hell as they walked up to the songs chosen by their moms, but it seems like everyone enjoyed the clever prank.
Plus, give the moms a break! They have to drive them to and from practice and games all the time. The least the kids can do is let their mom’s listen to music they like while they watch Little League Baseball.
And now… actually one of the best walkup songs of all time:
Cody Jink – “Loud & Heavy”