Ashley McBryde just does not miss.
She delivered an absolutely kickass rendition of the Rolling Stones’ all-time classic “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” as part of the new Stoned Cold Country tribute album.
The record is out everywhere as of this past Friday, and also features some awesome covers from artists like Koe Wetzel, Eric Church, Lainey Wilson, Steve Earle, Marcus King, Brooks & Dunn and others you should check out too.
But Ashley’s is easily one of the best… she put her own little spin on it, and her vocals are pitch-perfect and sound awesome.
She’s always had a rock and roll edge to her too, so I think this was definitely the song for her on this project, and she completely nailed it.
“Satisfaction” was written by usual Stones co-writers Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, it was released as a single in 1965 and later featured on the American version of their Out of Our Heads album and became their first #1 hit in the U.S.
Of course, it’s become a rock and roll standard and remains a fan-favorite to this day.
In terms of the project as a whole, producer Robert Deaton says this idea was born because he wanted country music to say “thank you” to the Stones and honor the 60th anniversary of the legendary rock band:
“This album is Country Music’s thank you to The Rolling Stones for 60 years of inspiration and providing the soundtrack of our lives. While recording the record, I was reminded that this is a showcase and spotlight on the best we have to offer as a genre.
From our artists to all of the musicians that played on the record, we boldly state that Country Music is second to none when it comes to artists of integrity and creativity.”
I don’t know if Ashley will be singing this one live on the road or anything like that going forward, but I need to hear her sing it live now…
I can’t get enough:
Stoned Cold Country Tracklist:
1. “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” – Ashley McBryde
2. “Honky Tonk Women” – Brooks & Dunn
3. “Dead Flowers” – Maren Morris
4. “It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)” – Brothers Osborne & The War And Treaty
5. “Miss You” – Jimmie Allen
6. “Tumbling Dice” – Elle King
7. “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” – Marcus King
8. “Wild Horses” – Little Big Town
9. “Paint It Black” – Zac Brown Band
10. “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” – Lainey Wilson
11. “Sympathy for the Devil” – Elvie Shane
12. “Angie” – Steve Earle
13. “Gimme Shelter” – Eric Church
14. “Shine A Light” – Koe Wetzel