A co-write with Lori McKenna, Wade details that, while he’s felt lost at times on his journey as a musician and songwriter, he just hopes that at the end of the day, his music truly meant something to somebody.
He says that Lori helped him bring the idea to life after he struggled with finding just the right words:
“I love that this song got written because it seemed for a second there that it was not meant to be.
When I brought the idea to Lori, of course she’s the kind of person that was just like, ‘oh yeah, I see what you’re talking about there.’
I’m so thankful for her friendship that helped turned this idea into the right lyrics.”
The video is beautiful and really well done, and you see photos of many of the musical friends and heroes who inspired Wade’s dream along the way throughout it, like Vince, Dolly Parton, Kris Kristofferson, Loretta Lynn, Miranda Lambert and quite a few more.
And Vince had high praise for Wade, too, saying that he’s a fantastic artist, and a solid singer with a great song is something that will never go out of style:
“Wade is a great artist and this is a great singer, singing a great song. That never goes out of style. I’m grateful to be a part of it.”
Amen to that, Vince…
Make sure you check out the new video:
Somewhere Between The Secret And The Truth tracklist:
1. “Everything Has Your Memory” (Wade Bowen, Eric Paslay, Heather Morgan)
2. “Burnin’ Both Ends of the Bar” (Wade Bowen, Randy Montana)
3. “Honky Tonk Roll” (Wade Bowen, Randy Montana)
4. “The Secret To This Town” (Wade Bowen, Heather Morgan)
5. “If You Don’t Miss Me” (Wade Bowen, Ray Fulcher)
6. “A Beautiful World” ft. Lori McKenna (Wade Bowen, Lori McKenna)
7. “She’s Driving Me Crazy” (Wade Bowen, Eric Paslay, Heather Morgan)
8. “Knowing Me Like I Do” (Wade Bowen, Clint Ingersoll)
9. “It’s Gonna Hurt” (Wade Bowen, Drew Kennedy)
10. “Say Goodbye” (Wade Bowen, Eric Paslay, Heather Morgan)
11. “A Guitar, A Singer and A Song” ft. Vince Gill (Wade Bowen, Lori McKenna)
12. “Somewhere Between The Secret and The Truth” (Wade Bowen, Lori McKenna)