Whiskey Myers is gearing up to release their 5th studio album, self-produced and self-titled, on September 27th. Mark your calendars people, it’s going to be a good one.
“This was the first album we’ve produced on our own and it’s 100% authentically us, which is why we decided to self-title it WHISKEY MYERS,” says lead guitarist John Jeffers. “We’ve been fortunate in our careers to work with some incredible producers in the past, however self-producing gave us the freedom to try every crazy idea in the studio, which got us to this place where we are completely satisfied with the end result and more excited than ever to get this new music out to our fans.”
The lead single, “Die Rockin,” is quintessential Whiskey Myers, AKA, a full-throttle, in-your-face, perfect introduction to their new album.
“I wrote ‘Die Rockin’’ with the legendary Ray Wylie Hubbard and it really sums up this rock & roll life of ours,” explained frontman Cody Cannon to Rolling Stone. “We’re consumed by music and are such fans of the legends that came before us. We’re out there on the road and in the studio trying to pay homage to those greats that have inspired this generation while we strive to create some magic of our own.”
Check it out.
WHISKEY MYERS Track Listing:
1. Die Rockin’ (Cody Cannon, Ray Wylie Hubbard)
2. Mona Lisa (Cody Cannon)
3. Rolling Stone (Cody Cannon, Adam Hood)
4. Bitch (John Jeffers)
5. Gasoline (Cody Cannon)
6. Bury My Bones (John Jeffers, Tennessee Jet)
7. Glitter Ain’t Gold (John Jeffers)
8. Houston County Sky (Cody Cannon)
9. Little More Money (Cody Cannon)
10. California to Caroline (Cody Cannon, Aaron Raitiere, Mark Stephen Jones)
11. Kentucky Gold (Cody Cannon, Aaron Raitiere, Dave Kennedy)
12. Running (Cody Cannon, Brent Cobb)
13. Hammer (Cody Cannon)
14. Bad Weather (John Jeffers)