Bear Cub Goes On Insane Trip After Accidentally Eating Hallucinogenic Honey

A dog in a car

I’ll admit, I have never done any hallucinogenic drugs, and after my buddy told me at a party while he was tripping on something that he was seeing the Kool-Aid Man coming through the wall right at him, I’m not sure if I ever want to.

The Kool-Aid Man? Absolutely mortifying.

Needless to say, this bear cub from Turkey had no idea what it was getting into when it discovered some unusual honey.

Video footage has gone viral of a brown bear cub tripping absolute balls after it got into a substance known as “mad honey,” which has hallucinogenic properties.

In the video, you can see the bear sitting in the back of a pickup truck, trying to figure out how in the hell he made it to Mars.

According to Newsweek, a Turkish media outlet was the first to share a clip of the psyched out bear.

The outlet also noted that Turkish forestry officials had to pick up the bear and place it in the back of a pickup truck, which is where the clip comes from.

The bear appears to be incredibly paranoid, and under complete distress, and is probably trying to figure out why his whole body is tingling.

Mad honey contains neurotoxins called grayanotoxins that can lead to intoxication and/or poisoning, and has a bitter taste and can irritate the throat.

The grayanotoxins are typically found in rhododendron plants, which bees tend to go to in Turkey, and extract nectar and pollen from the plants. That means the honey these bees produce contain the neurotoxins.

Boy, little did this bear know that it was gonna be on the trip of its lifetime after a normal day of finding food.

Ultimately he ended up getting treatment and will be released back into the wild.

Seeing them turtles all the way down right about now…

A beer bottle on a dock



A beer bottle on a dock