According to TMZ Sports, a police report indicates that Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay was found unresponsive in his Indiana residence back in December. Carmel Police Department was sent to his residence around 4:30 AM, where they found him on the bathroom floor with a hue of blue on his skin.
𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: #Colts owner Jim Irsay was found laying in his bed unresponsive and gasping for air during a suspected overdose in December, according to police.
"Carmel Police Department documents, obtained by TMZ, show cops were dispatched to Irsay's Carmel residence on Dec.… pic.twitter.com/BJj60WAJw0
When police arrived on the scene, they moved him to his bed as Irsay was still struggling to breathe and had a feeble pulse. The police administered a dose of Narcan (which is commonly given to revive people in overdose situations), and reports note that after the drug was given, he began to respond slightly.
However, once paramedics arrived, they took over “live-saving efforts” and eventually transported Irsay to a nearby hospital.
“At this time, it is unknown what Mr. Irsay had ingested prior to our arrival.”
Police noted in an official report, but they classified in documents the incident as an “overdose” and “overdose/poisoning.”
So why is all this coming out now when the call happened in December? Because Jim Irsay has not been seen at Colts’ events in the weeks following the incident, and on January 9th, the team made an official statement that Irsay was dealing with “severe respiratory illness.”
While the statement was made because he had to back out of a band gig and had nothing to do with the Colts, it did raise a flag to some folks.
“He is receiving excellent care and looks forward to returning to the stage as soon as possible. We’ll have no additional information at this time and we ask that you respect the privacy of Jim and his family as he recovers.”
As reports and news sources blow up this news, the Colts have released another statement directly responding to news of the December 8th incident.
“We will have no further comment on his personal health, and we continue to ask that Jim and his family’s privacy be respected.”
If this incident were an overdose, sadly, this would not be the first time Jim Irsay has gone through this. In an interview with Real Sports, streamed through Max (Formally HBO Max), he candidly talks about his 15 trips to rehab as he has struggled with an addiction to pain pills and alcohol throughout his life.
“All of a sudden, I started slurring my words, and then code blue, I stopped breathing. And they revived me, and the doctor goes, ‘Jim, you’re one lucky man because I had signed, virtually, the death certificate.'”