3 Kansas City Chiefs Fans Found Frozen To Death In Friend’s Backyard After Watching The Game

Chiefs fans

Three Kansas City Chiefs fans were discovered frozen to death in their friend’s backyard after watching a Chiefs game together.

37-year-old David Harrington, 38-year-old Ricky Johnson, and 36-year-old Clayton McGeeney were found dead on January 9th, after they went to a buddy’s house to watch the game, according to Fox Digital.

One body was found on the back porch of the home, while the other two were in the backyard.

And the wildest part?

The homeowner allegedly had “no knowledge” that his friends had been freezing to death on his property for two days after watching the Chiefs take on the Chargers on January 7th.

However, Kansas City Police Captain Jake Becchina made sure to say:

“First and foremost, this case is 100% NOT being investigated as a homicide. There have not been any arrests (or) charges, and no one is in custody.

There are no specific threats or concerns for the surrounding community at this time. The resident at the house was cooperative with detectives the day the deceased were discovered.”

Kansas City Police declined to make comment on if the men were under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Temperatures in the Kansas City area stayed around the low 30s on January 7th and 8th, but dropped into the teens on January 9th.

I have to admit, the whole situation sounds incredibly sketchy. How does a homeowner simply not realize that his friends are in his backyard in freezing temperatures? I suppose they might’ve been partying pretty hard, he passed out and woke up and thought they left? I don’t think I’d go check my backyard for all my buddies with temperatures this low.

However, friends and family of the deceased are demanding answers from the homeowner. Kaylee La Tier wrote on Facebook:

“This man was inside his home alive while my friends were dead in his yard for lord knows how long.

They were all hanging out since after the game Sunday. He KNEW people were looking for them. He read messages of people searching for him on Tuesday.

My husband banged on his door for 20 [minutes]. My friend banged on his door and then busted a window and yelled and announced her presence while she’s inside and still nothing from him?

Then the cops come 10 [minutes] later and he comes out nonchalant in his boxers with an empty wine glass in hand?! Nothing is adding up. Dave, Clay and Ricky need and deserve justice.”

John Picerno, the attorney representing the homeowner, said his client had no clue his friends were deceased until police arrived.

Picerno also said that his client was was sleeping with headphones on along with a fan next to his bed when people were at his house looking for him.

The man also reportedly did not think it was “unusual for his friends to have left their cars there overnight.”

Which is fair… I mean, if all your buddies come over to party, it would make sense for them to leave their cars in the drive and Uber home.

Nevertheless, it seems like there is just a lot more questions than answers right now.

A beer bottle on a dock



A beer bottle on a dock