Randy Travis may go down as one of the all-time greatest and most recognizable voices in country music when it’s all said and done.
His deep, melodic tone, mixed with a versatile range of great songs will etch his name in the history books forever.
Of course, he suffered a career-altering stroke in 2013, taking most of his speaking and singing ability away from him. But he’s still a staple in the country music world and has managed to stay pretty involved with the genre as much as he possibly can.
And that trend continues today, as he’s just announced a remastered version of his triple-platinum, debut album, Storms of Life. Released in 1986, Storms Of Life features hits like “Diggin’ Up Bones,” “No Place Like Home” and more. The release will mark the 35th anniversary of the album, and feature remastered versions of the original tracklist as well as three new songs.
Travis displayed his excitement and love for the album in a statement:
“I love the timeless lyrics and the traditional country instruments, like steel guitar, banjo, piano, fiddle.
It was music I believed in, that told a story I wanted to share. We were fortunate to have a large catalog of songs to choose from that were more traditional. At the time, people and radio really weren’t playing this kind of music.
Most people were recording more of an urban cowboy sound, so I got to choose from the best of the best, cream of the crop. It was exciting for all of us to get back to our roots.”
This remastered album comes with perfect timing, as we’re seeing a handful traditional country artists like Alan Jackson,Loretta Lynn and more, put out new music in the past year.
The album release is slated for September 24th, with pre-order available on August 27th.
Storms of Life Tracklist:
1. “On The Other Hand” (Paul Overstreet, Don Schultz)
2. “The Storms of Life” (Max D. Barnes, Troy Seals)
3. “My Heart Cracked (But It Did Not Break)” (Ronny Scaife, Don Singleton, Phil Thomas)
4. “Diggin’ Up Bones” (Al Gore, Paul Overstreet, Nat Stuckey)
5. “No Place Like Home” (Paul Overstreet)
6. “1982” (Buddy Blackmon, Vip Vipperman)
7. “Send My Body” (Randy Travis)
8. “Messin’ With My Mind” (Joseph Allen, Charlie Williams)
9. “Reasons I Cheat” (Randy Travis)
10. “There’ll Always Be A Honky Tonk Somewhere” (Steve Clark, Johnny MacRae)