Alan Jackson is BACK, and ain’t nobody taking the wind out of my sails today.
With a whopping 21 songs, Alan’s Where Have You Goneis set for release on May 14th, however the title track “Where Have You Gone,” as well as a couple other tracks are available right now.
The inspiration for the title? It’s real simple… where the hell is real country music anymore? And so for this project, Alan went harder than he’s ever gone before.
“It’s a little harder country than even I’ve done in the past. And it’s funny, I was driving and listening to the final mixes Keith sent me, and I started to tear up. I was surprised to get so overly emotional, but I just love this kind of music.
This kind of music on ‘Where Have You Gone’ runs the gamut of what embodies true country music. When I write, I visualize back home and growing up.”
Passion for real deal country music… you gotta love it. Leave it to Alan Jackson to show up with a 21-track country album and save us all. And for him, country music is more than just telling a good story. It’s the sound, the instruments… steel and fiddle.
“Real country songs are life and love and heartache, drinking and Mama and having a good time… but it’s the sounds of the instruments, too.
The steel and acoustic guitar, the fiddle – those things have a sound and a tone… and getting that right, the way those things make you feel, that’s country, too.”
You’re damn right Alan, you’re damn right.
Where Have You Gone Tracklist:
1. “Where Have You Gone” (Alan Jackson)
2. “Wishful Drinkin’” (Alan Jackson)
3. “I Can Be That Something” (Alan Jackson)
4. “Where the Cottonwood Grows” (Alan Jackson)
5. “Way Down In My Whiskey” (Alan Jackson)
6. “Things That Matter” (Robert Keith Stegall, Michael White)
7. “Livin’ On Empty” (Alan Jackson)
8. “You’ll Always Be My Baby (Written for Daughters’ Weddings)” (Alan Jackson)
9. “Where Her Heart Has Always Been (Written for Mama’s funeral with an old recording of her reading from The Bible)” (Alan Jackson)
10. “The Boot” (Adam Wright)
11. “Back” (Alan Jackson)
12. “Write It In Red” (Alan Jackson)
13. “So Late So Soon” (Scotty Emerick, Daniel Tashian, Sarah Buxton)
14. “This Heart Of Mine” (Adam Wright)
15. “A Man Who Never Cries” (Alan Jackson)
16. “Chain” (Alan Jackson)
17. “I Was Tequila” (Alan Jackson)
18. “I Do (Written for Daughters’ Weddings)” (Alan Jackson)
19. “Beer:10” (Alan Jackson)
20. “The Older I Get”* (Hailey Whitters, Adam Wright, Sarah Turner)
Extra Track: “That’s The Way Love Goes” (A Tribute to Merle Haggard) (Lefty Frizzell, Whitey Shafer)