With even more votes coming in during the Round of 32 than the opening round (which saw over 32,000 votes), we’ve finally got it narrowed down to the Sweet Sixteen.
And even though there were no ties this time, there were more close matchups this time around, with FOUR of the outcomes being decided by 1% or less. That’s close, folks.
But first let’s go ahead and get the blowouts out of the way…
All of the #1 seeds moved on, but this time “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” faced some stiff competition from Diamond Rio’s “Meet in the Middle.” “Chattahoochee,” though, once again managed to claim the biggest margin of victory in the entire bracket, dispensing with Tracy Lawrence’s “Time Marches On” with surprising ease.
The one to watch, though, might be “John Deere Green,” which has absolutely crushed its competition in both rounds. And “Life’s a Dance” really didn’t put up much of a fight against “Neon Moon,” falling victim to some rough seeding having to face the Brooks & Dunn powerhouse in its second round matchup.
So now we get to the nail-biters.
The closest matchup throughout the day was “Brand New Man” facing off against “Dust on the Bottle.” After trading the lead back and forth up until the very last minute, “Dust on the Bottle” managed to bounce the Brooks & Dunn hit by just .5%. That’s right – less than a whole percentage point between the two.
Two powerhouse women of country also had an epic battle, but at the end of the day, “Heads Carolina, Tails California” beat “She’s In Love With the Boy” by just a handful of votes.
And after trailing for much of the day, “Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox (If I Die)” made an epic comeback to knock off “Strawberry Wine” by a measly 1%.
I told y’all this was close.
So now it’s on to the Sweet Sixteen. And if you thought the last rounds were tough, this one’s going to be damn near impossible. How am I supposed to choose between “Neon Moon” and “John Deere Green?”
Y’all know the drill: Voting is open until 11:59 PM central time tonight, and you can vote as many times as you want. As we’ve seen so far, every single vote counts.
Winners from Round of 32 in bold.
(1) Friends in Low Places vs. (8) I’m Gonna Be Somebody
(5) Dust on the Bottle vs. (4) Brand New Man
(6) Heads Carolina, Tails California vs. (3) She’s In Love With the Boy
(10) I Like It, I Love It vs. (2) Cowboy Take Me Away
(1) Check Yes Or No vs. (8) Straight Tequila Night
(12) Don’t Take the Girl vs. (4) She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy
(11) Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox (If I Die) vs. (3) Strawberry Wine
(7) Queen of My Double Wide Trailer vs. (2) Fancy
(1) Chattahoochee vs. (8) Time Marches On
(12) My Maria vs. (4) Man! I Feel Like a Woman
(6) Life’s a Dance vs. (3) Neon Moon
(7) Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia vs. (2) John Deere Green
(1) Boot Scootin’ Boogie vs. (9) Meet in the Middle
(5) Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident) vs. (4) Should’ve Been a Cowboy