The band’s latest single “Nothing But Love Songs” just hit streaming platforms today, and now they have followed that up with the announcement of their next album Homecoming. The band’s ninth album, and first since 2019’s Hellbent,Homecoming is set to be released on October 14th.
They made both the song and album announcements via Instagram earlier today:
“Our new song ‘Nothing But Love Songs’ is out NOW! And we’re happy to share our next album ‘Homecoming’ is coming October 14th.
Written and recorded with Radney Foster, both the album and this new song are a return to the origins of the RRB. We can’t wait for y’all to hear the new music.”
Forming in San Marcos, TX, the Randy Rogers Band has been a mainstay in country music, particularly throughout the state of Texas, for over 20 years now. They quickly amassed one of the strongest followings on the scene and have experienced national success with a catalog of music that boasts hits like “Kiss Me in the Dark,” “In My Arms Instead,” and “Buy Myself a Chance,” among many others.
Led by frontman Randy Rogers, the band already has eight original albums under their belt to go along with several live albums and singles they’ve recorded over the years. On top of that, Rogers has recorded three records and a live album with fellow artist Wade Bowen as part of their Hold My Beer and Watch This partnership.
Now, with Homecoming on the way, RRB is about to get back to their roots and add another album to the collection. Recorded Between Maurice, LA and Austin, TX and produced by Radney Foster, Homecoming also boasts some pretty spectacular songwriters who have assisted Rogers along the way.
10 of the 11 songs on the new album were co-written by Rogers with help from Parker McCollum, John Baumann, Randy Montana, Jon Randall and more.
“Homecoming is a renaissance orchestrated by Radney Foster. We went back to our roots working with Radney again as well as recording this record at two iconic studios that produced some of our most successful music. Dance with the one that brought you.”
Check out the full tracklist for Homecoming.
1. “I Won’t Give Up” (Randy Rogers, Radney Foster, Jim Beavers)
2. “Nothing But Love Songs” (Randy Rogers, Jon Randall, Radney Foster)
3. “Fast Car” (Randy Montana, Wendell Mobley, Lee Miller)
4. “Over You Blues” (Randy Rogers, Sean McConnell)
5. “Leaving Side of Town” (Randy Rogers, Radney Foster)
6. “Picture Frames” (Randy Rogers, Drew Kennedy)
7. “Know That by Now” (Randy Rogers, Lee Miller, Jon Randall, Jack Ingram)
8. “Small Town Girl Goodbye” (Randy Rogers, Randy Montana)
9. “Heart for Just One Team” (Randy Rogers, John Baumann)
10. “Where’d You Run off To” (Randy Rogers, Parker McCollum, Randy Montana)
11. “Bottle of Mine” (Randy Rogers, Radney Foster)
If the singles that have been released so far and the all-star lineup of musicians who have been involved in the process are any indication, Homecoming is something to be excited about.
Check out today’s “Nothing But Love Songs” as well as the album’s lead single “Picture Frames” below.
“Nothing But Love Songs”
Written by Randy Rogers and Drew Kennedy.
While we’re at it, here’s the band’s most popular song to date, “Kiss Me in the Dark” from their 2006 album Just A Matter Of Time.