Mae Estes has an EP on the way.
The country newcomer just announced her Before the Record project and released a new single “Run,” which is all about her noncommittal ways and serves as a warning to her new man that she might not stick around forever.
Mae says it’s already resonated deeply with her fans, especially at live shows:
“I never expected these lyrics to resonate with so many strangers via socials and live shows, but the anticipation for the release of this song has been amazing.
It might be my friends’ favorite song of mine, so years after writing it, I’m so excited to finally officially release it.
Turns out I’m not alone in feeling the urge to run from anything that seems like it could be good for me.”
She previously released four great songs from the forthcoming project, including “I Quit Smokin,” “Thinkin’ ‘Bout Cheatin’,” “Your Hands” and “Die In A Bar.”
The full EP will be out everywhere on February 16th, and was produced by Paul Sikes.
And if you’re unfamiliar with Mae, she started blowing up on TikTok a while back, notably because of her super country twang and honest, authentic writing.
She’s definitely one to watch this year, and I can’t wait to hear whatever else she has coming our way in 2023.
Before the Record tracklist:
1. “I Quit Smokin’” (Brett Tyler, Mae Estes, Paul Sikes)
2. “Run” (Mae Estes, Marti Dodson, Paul Sikes)
3. “Your Hands” (Autumn McEntire, Marti Dodson, Matthew Morrisey)
4. “Thinkin’ ‘Bout Cheatin’” (Alex Kline, Autumn McEntire, Mae Estes)
5. “Town Left Me” (Autumn McEntire, Mae Estes, Paul Sikes)
6. “Die In A Bar” (Greg Bates, Mae Estes, Mia Mantia, SJ McDonald)