As I was browsing old beer commercials on YouTube, I got hit with a classic from 2015…
Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” Super Bowl ad. It’s an all-timer if you ask me, and will have your eyes sweating in no time. Speaking of eyes sweating, I can barely listen to Stapleton’s “Maggie’s Song” all the way through without the tears coming. If you’ve lost a dog, you know how powerful that song is…
Regarding “Lost Dog,” reporter Paul Eide had some tidbits on the famous big game spot:
– Eight puppies – seven females and one male – are featured in Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” ad, all of which were just 11-12 ½ weeks old at the time of filming.
– Seven Budweiser Clydesdales underwent training for three months to fine-tune their skills for Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” ad.
– Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” ad was shot at a ranch outside Santa Barbara, Calif., in early December.
– In Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” ad, actor Don Jeanes reprises his role as Budweiser Clydesdale trainer for a third time. Don is originally from Houston and now lives in Los Angeles.
– The song in the spot, “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” is performed by Sleeping At Last.