Fresh off his shoutout from The Rock, Drake White has officially announced the release of his upcoming EP, Stars. After battling a rare brain condition (AVM) that almost ended his career for the better part of the past year, he teamed up with The Cadillac Three’s Jaren Johnston to produce this new project.
And according to Drake, it’s been a revival.
“There’s been a revival in my heart and my soul. I feel an overwhelming sense of joy and gratitude towards my maker, my life, and the simple things. People are going to hear that in my new music. They’re going to see it in my shows. The excitement never left me; it’s just greater now. I walk onstage these days and feel so thankful to be there — to be able to to do what I love to do.”
And as always, you know you’re going to get that signature Drake White flavor.
“This is top-shelf soul country for me. The lyric is smooth but the guitar bites. It’s one of those jams that is a pleasure to perform, and it’ll have everyone singin’ and sippin’ in just one listen.”
Drake is referring to “Mix ‘Em With Whiskey,” a song you might’ve heard our boy Larry Fleet sing.
Stars is due out on April 24th, featuring the lead single “Eat, Drink & Dream.”
1. “Luckiest Man” (Ben Burgess, Josh Kerr, Alysa Vanderheym, Cary Barlowe)
2. “Mix ‘Em With Whiskey” (Ryan Beaver, Rodney Clawson, Adam Hambrick, Andrew DeRoberts)
3. “Eat, Drink & Dream” (Drake White, Tommy Cecil, Greylan James)
4. “My Favorite Band” (Drake White, Ross Ellis, Dan Fernandez, Michael Whitworth)
5. “All Would Be Right With The World” (Drake White, Tommy Cecil, Matt Alderman)