When I came across this, I was initially horrified.
Fireball in chili? My memories of Fireball are blank. I know I drank it when I was in my early 20s quite a bit, but that’s all I remember. A recipe shared on Reddit called Crockpot Fireball Chili might be your new favorite cold day go-to, or you may shiver in fear at the thought of it. I’ll let you decide.
Prep Time: 15 Mins.
Cook Time: 4-6 Hours (4 on high, 6 on medium)
1 lb Ground Beef
1 can (16oz) Bushes Chili Beans (kidney beans in chili sauce)
1 can (16oz) Bushes Pinto Beans (drain the liquid)
1 cup of Sweet Corn
2/3 cup of Fireball Whiskey
1/4 White Onion
1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 clove of Garlic
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 jar (14-16oz) Medium Chunky Salsa (This might be cheating but it makes some good chili.)
Cayenne powder (Seasoned to taste)
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (My secret ingredient, the cinnamon adds a ton of depth to the flavor of the chili.)
Any Veggies you got laying around? Might as well add them. This is just what I had on hand at the time. Mushrooms are a great addition as well.
Garnish with cilantro or parsley
– In a large pan on the stove brown the ground beef in 1/2 cup of Fireball Whiskey. I seasoned with garlic salt while browning the beef as well.
– Once meat is browned add it and the contents of the pan to the crockpot. If you want to be fancy you can deglaze the pan but I was lazy.
– Add the beans, onion, corn, and salsa. Drain the beans that are not in chili sauce before adding.
– I seasoned at several steps through the process and did not measure exactly so I’d reckon that you could add half the spices now and half later. I also added a shot of Fireball at this stage.
– Set a timer for 2 Hours and set your Crockpot to Medium or High. Mine only has low or high so I had it on high and after 2 hours the edges got a little burned so I would recommend medium or stirring more often.
– After 2 Hours I came back and added more of the spices and another shot of Fireball
– Another 2 Hours later I came back and added another shot of Fireball and seasoned to taste.
– And 2 Hours later it is ready. If you did Medium heat then around 6 hours total is the correct time. High heat will be closer to 4 hours total but you will need to stir and season more often.