Fireball and waffle fries? Sounds too good to be true, but it’s not.
Celebrity chef Guy Fieri has a recipe that he introduced on The Chew that is going to finally make your dreams a reality. If you’re in the mood for some Fireball Whisky fries that taste like heaven and burn like hell, here’s what you’ll need to do…
SPICY FIREBALL BUFFALO FRIES
4 Russet Potatoes (scrubbed & hand cut into wedges; julienne & waffle fries)
1 gallon Cold Water
2 tablespoons Distilled White Vinegar
Canola Oil (for deep frying)
2-3 tablespoons Fries Seasoning
1/2 cup Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce
1/4 cup Bleu-Sabi Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup Julienne Cut Celery & Carrot (for garnish)
2-3 tablespoons Crumbled Blue Cheese (for garnish)
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2 tablespoons Paprika
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Onion Powder
2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
1 teaspoon Super Fine Sugar
2-3 turns Freshly ground black pepper
FIREBALL BUFFALO HOT SAUCE
1 cup Hot Sauce
1/2 cup Cinnamon Whiskey
1 stick Unsalted Butter (cut into cubes)
Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
BLUE-SABI DIPPING SAUCE
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup Sour Cream
1/2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
1/8 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
1/8 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1/8 tablespoon Tabasco
pinch Granulated Garlic
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire
2 .5 ounces Blue Cheese Crumbles
1/4 cup Buttermilk
2 tablespoon Wasabi Powder
1. Cut the Fries into equal parts French fries, wedges and waffle fries (use a mandolin). Soak in water with Vinegar for 2-3 hours. Drain and pat dry.
2. Working in batches, deep fry the fries in 325°F Oil for 6-7 minutes until lightly golden (the waffles and wedges may take a minute or two longer than the French fries). Remove from Oil, and drain on a rack. Allow to cool.
3. Increase heat on oil to 375°F. Cook fries in small batches in hot Oil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Drain and dump into a large bowl. While still hot, add Fries Seasoning and toss to coat.
4. Serve with a side of Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce (in a shot glass or ramekin) – or pour over fries if eating and serving immediately. Serve garnished with Carrots, Celery and Crumbled Blue. Also serve with Blue Sabi Dipping Sauce.
5. For the Fries Seasoning: Combine ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
6. For the Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce: In a large skillet, add Whiskey and set over medium-high heat. Reduce until syrupy consistency (optional: remove from heat and flambé). Once reduced, reduce heat, remove from heat and carefully add Hot Sauce. Return to heat then add Butter while you whisk. Bring to a simmer and, once thick and Butter has melted, season with Salt and Pepper.
7. For the Bleu-Sabi Dipping Sauce: Mix together well in a food processor or with a whisk. Refrigerate until ready to serve.