And guys, don’t be afraid. The resting bitch face is OK, here’s why…
1. Having “Resting Bitch Face” is a horrible thing to be judged for. Just because my resting face doesn’t look like it belongs on a dental ad doesn’t make me an inherently bitchy person and at this point in my life, radically changing this, well, probably just isn’t going to happen.
2. Approach me, I promise if I’m genuinely interested you will see a slight smile. Just don’t lead off with a complete douche bag pick up line or tell me to smile, yes, I know a polar bear weighs enough to break the ice and telling me to smile for no reason is just weird. Also, the resting part may turn into my actual expression…steer clear of any advance categorized like the ones referenced above, unless you like rejection.
3. More than likely she has a sense of humor. Reflecting on all the women I’ve met who have been accused of possessing the infamous RBF, they’re all very witty and some sarcastic chicks. We just don’t feel the need to exert the energy to look overly enthused if we genuinely aren’t, so in short, we aren’t fake.
4. Even though it may make me look “tough”, I’m still just a woman. Even if I’m not interested I’m still going to appreciate the expressed interest. It’s human nature for people to feel a sense of self-worth when they’ve been deemed desirable by the opposite sex.
5. What do you have to lose? Honestly, life is entirely too short to sit around and not go after what it is you want. Even if you get shot down, that’s better than having a “what if” hanging over your head. Ask her for her name and politely if you can buy her a drink, I’m sure the resting bitch face will turn into a slight smile.