Luke Bryan‘s song “Fast” will have you feeling very, very nostalgic.
No matter what stage of life you are in right now, you can take something away from the words of this song. Learn something from the message Luke is portraying through these lyrics. For me, these are a few thoughts I had while listening to the song.
1. You can’t slow down time. Which means you have to soak it ALL in as time passes.
2. When I say ALL, I mean ALL. Not just the good times, but the hard times that formed you into the person you are today.
3. Life wasn’t made to be easy. The trials are what tests your faith which is ultimately the only reason we have a life on Earth.
4. Since life is fast, don’t waste a second of any day. Don’t miss the opportunity to inspire others.
5. Always, always be kind.
6. You won’t be running sprints on a hot summer day out on the football field or in that gym forever. You’ll miss it, believe it or not.
7. Never let anyone tell you that you are too young. The younger you are the more inspiring your actions can be. Take advantage of that.
8. Time doesn’t stop for anyone.
9. A year might seem long, but you’ll look back one day and it’ll seem like it passed in the blink of an eye.
10. Your best friend growing up might not be your best friend for the rest of your life. That’s okay because some people aren’t meant to always be in your life. During the time that they are there, though, enjoy it. You’re in one another’s lives at that time for a reason.
11. When you find love and you know it’s the one you’ll love the rest of your life, it doesn’t matter how fast it all comes about.
12. One day you’ll start having kids. They’ll be crying keeping you up through the night and in that moment you might want it to stop, but a few years later you’ll do anything to have that back.
13. Hold on to those butterflies you get being around your love. The little moments and feelings are what you’ll cherish while you’re sitting on your rocking chairs at 80 years old looking out at the sunset together.
14. Moments that might not seem big are actually the most important parts of your life.
15. Make the most of the short life you are given.
You might’ve taken away something different from the song which is the beauty of music. Whatever you took away, remember it as you go throughout your daily life. Just keep in mind, it all goes too fast. Don’t waste a second.
Thank you Luke.
Whiskey Riff is the most entertaining country site…ever.