There may be no more important time in your life than your 20’s.
It’s a time you find yourself, maybe your partner for life, discover things you never knew. There’s a mindset and attitude you need in order for these years to matter, and one major thing to avoid, regret.
Here are 22 ways to ruin your life before the age of 30.
1. Become complacent.
2. Accept things because you think “that’s how it’s supposed to be.”
3. Work a job that does not stimulate you mentally.
4. Be in a relationship that brings out the worst in you.
5. Party too much.
6. Talk a big game, but never take any action.
7. Focus on the short-term goals.
8. Not following your passion. This goes for anything from a hobby to a career.
9. Living in the same place your entire life.
10. Not traveling and experiencing other cultures.
11. Losing all your hobbies because you’re “too busy” with a job you hate. Understand that when you do what you love for a living, that is your hobby. There’s nothing else you’d rather do.
12. Working long hours at a job you hate, for a boss you can’t stand, in an industry you couldn’t care less about.
13. Be afraid of failure. Failure should be embraced.
14. Be scared of risk. Nothing great happens to those that sit back and play it safe.
15. Burn bridges that could come back to haunt you.
16. Wish bad upon other people.
17. Take emotional abuse from a partner, family, or friend.
18. Never make a first move, aka “go for it.”
19. Place blame on others for your failures, faults, and lack of drive.
20. Don’t appreciate where you’re at today, in return nothing will ever make you happy.
21. Never live in the present moment.
22. Being scared. Scared of opening up. Scared of trying something new. Scared of quitting your job. Scared of giving love a chance. Scared of thinking outside the box. Scared of living life not how others expect, but how you want.