Since the moment we enter planet Earth, our parents impart their daily wisdom on us.
Turns out, they’re pretty right on. As much as we want to fight it and think we know what’s best, they’ve probably been in the same spot before. My mom’s favorite expression is “someday when you have your own kids, you’ll understand.” I don’t have my own yet, but I already get it.
Thanks mom and dad. Here’s 18 things you were right about:
1. Spend money wisely.
2. Admit when you’re wrong.
3. Hard work pays off.
4. Know your worth.
5. There are plenty of fish in the sea.
6. Slow down. Life goes by fast on its own.
7. Forgive and forget.
8. Get more sleep.
9. Don’t drink like they’re going to stop making it.
10. Read your Bible.
11. Appreciate the little things.
12. Respect your elders.
13. Life isn’t always fair.
14. Nobody lies to you more than yourself.
15. Don’t quit. You’ll regret it.
16. Say please and thank you.
17. Someday you’ll miss us.
18. Yes, parents know best.
Whiskey Riff is the most entertaining country site…ever.