Salted caramel is great on its own, but thrown in a little nectar of the gods, A.K.A. Jack Daniels, and now you have my undivided attention. I’ll take a large order for just me. Please and thank you.
Here’s what to do:
5 Tbsp butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup Jack Daniels
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup, light
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp kosher salt, for sprinkling
1. Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment or wax paper, allowing the paper to drape over the sides; spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, whipping cream, whiskey, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. In 3-quart saucepan, mix sugar, corn syrup and water. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. DO NOT STIR. Boil until sugar turns a warm golden brown.
4. When sugar mixture is done, turn off the heat and slowly add the cream mixture to the sugar mixture. BE CAREFUL – it will violently bubble up. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until mixture reaches 248 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Pour caramel into prepared pan; cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. kosher salt; cool completely.
5. Cut into squares; wrap individually in wax paper.