Lately I’ve been digging on Cole’s new record, You Should Be Here, and aside from the obvious in the title track, the whole album is full of life lessons and good advice for navigating this crazy world we live in. From lessons on love and loss, to manhood, childhood and everywhere in between, this album hits on more than just a few topics.
Here are 12 life lessons from each track on Cole Swindell’s You Should Be Here.
1. Appreciate the moments that take your breath away.
“She’s a little heart stopper / I’m talkin’ breaker breaker one niner / She’s a flatliner.”
2. Don’t blow your shot.
“Baby, in the middle of the glow of the neon light / It shoulda, coulda, woulda been the night of our lives.”
3. You can’t always drink the pain away.
“I’m sitting here knowing what it’s gonna take to fix me / It ain’t a bar, ain’t the beer, it ain’t the whiskey.”
4. High school history is made under those Friday night lights.
“Win or lose, didn’t matter / At the home game, we’d rock / That small town fame in the parking lot.”
5. There’s someone out there that’ll make you feel on top of the world.
“The way you rock me, you know that you got me / Up on a high like I’m walking on clouds.”
6. Summer love can burn you like the sun.
“But all summers end, now she’s gone with the wind / And the reason I spend so many nights up.”
7. Don’t be somebody’s rebound.
“Tip the cover band, find another hand / To dance and call him your rebound.”
8. Cherish the ones you love.
“If I have just one wish it’d be that you didn’t have to miss this / You should be here.”
9. Reach for the stars… all kinds of them.
“Filled up with a red and black one at the Texaco / She hopped in your truck sang alone with one on the radio / Big red one going down / Feel like one in a small town.”
10. No matter where life leads you, you’re right where you belong.
“I took a few wrong turns down a couple back roads / But wound up where I was supposed to / Making my way to you.”
11. A good drinkin’ buddy is as good as gold.
“Raise em up high / If you’re with me tonight / We’re on a cold case mission / I got your back if you got mine”