Kacey Musgraves is as talented as they come when it comes to country music. Her second major-label album, Pageant Material, was released on Tuesday and I got to work on it right away. I started at track one and played the whole album through. Here are the 57 thoughts that went through my mind…
1. I can’t whistle for sh*t.
2. I love her voice.
3. This reminds me of Hawaii.
4. I’ve never been to Hawaii.
5. I should go.
6. Oh wow.
7. God bless you Shane McAnally.
8. I need my guitar, I’m gonna learn this one.
9. I’d have to change it to, ‘Dime Store Cowboy,’ though.
10. And the boy from Dixon.
11. Does that sound stupid?
13. Golden is a cool name for a town.
14. Gotta play that one again.
15. Bridge is amazing.
16. I could see John Mayer singing this.
17. Party for two was a great song.
18. I love Shania.
19. Pageant moms are weird.
20. This sounds like my hometown.
21. I’m glad I left.
22. I’m Nazarene!
23. I can’t believe they pulled this from the radio.
24. I don’t even listen to the radio.
25. But still.
26. Biscuits and gravy would be amazing right now.
28. That’s life.
29. I want somebody to love.
30. Maybe I’ll get a dog.
31. Acoustic guitar game on point.
32. Kacey seems like a fun girl.
33. It’s 11:30pm and I’m clapping in my living room.
34. This is clever AF.
35. Dig that quick ending.
36. Loving the snare on this track.
37. Big Machine? Is that a dig to the Scotty B. empire?
39. Florida Georgia Line rocked the sh*t outta LakeShake though.
40. Waterloo Revival is Big Machine too…love those guys.