Policy Effective Date: December 21st 2016
The Whiskey Riff Site is a website for users to enjoy the content posted by Whiskey Riff and other users. The content, our video player, and any other features, tools, materials, or other services offered in connection with the Whiskey Riff Site from time to time by Whiskey Riff on any device or platform are referred to collectively as the “Whiskey Riff.”
The Policy describes:
- The information we collect and how we collect it;
- What we do with the information we collect;
- Information sharing and disclosure;
- How you can access and update your information;
- How we protect information;
- Linked sites and advertisements;
- Users from outside the United States;
- How to contact us;
- Your California privacy rights;
- No rights of third parties; and
- Changes to this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
How we collect and store information depends on the Whiskey Riff Services you use and the devices you use to access the Whiskey Riff Services. You can use some of the Whiskey Riff Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below.
We may collect information about you during your use of the Whiskey Riff Services, including your name, username, password, email address, and information you provide or post on the Whiskey Riff Services or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
- Enter registration information for the Whiskey Riff Services;
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Participate in voting or polling activities;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters);
- Sign up to receive SMS (text message) notifications;
- Download or use one of our mobile applications;
- Connect with the Whiskey Riff Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via Facebook and other social networking services (collectively, “social networking services”); or
- Post content to or on the Whiskey Riff Services.
We may also combine information that we collect from you with information we obtain about you from third parties and information derived from any other service we provide.
Please be careful whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Whiskey Riff Services, such as via social networking sites or in comments you post, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge.
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies
When you use the Whiskey Riff Services, we use persistent and session cookies and other tracking technologies to: (a) store your username and password; (b) analyze the usage of the Whiskey Riff Services; (c) customize the Whiskey Riff Services to your preferences; and (d) control the advertising displayed by the Whiskey Riff Services. We may also use other Internet technologies, such as Flash technologies, Web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of the Whiskey Riff Services (including serving you ads when you are on other websites or the Internet when we can access those cookies). We also may include Web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Whiskey Riff Services. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
Third Party Advertising and Your Choices
Device Location Information
We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Whiskey Riff Services), and may use that information to customize the Whiskey Riff Services with location-based information, advertising, and features. For example, if you provide a zip code that indicates that you live in Chicago, the Whiskey Riff Services may be customized with Chicago-specific information and advertisements. In order to do this, your location information may be passed along to our affiliates, agents, vendors or advertisers. If you access the Whiskey Riff Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
What We Do With The Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To send you alerts or other communications;
- To notify you about new features of the Whiskey Riff Services, special events, or products, services, and special offers;
- To administer sweepstakes and contests;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To attribute content that you make available through the Whiskey Riff Services;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Whiskey Riff Services;
- To improve the content and features of the Whiskey Riff Services or develop new Whiskey Riff Services;
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Whiskey Riff Services;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Whiskey Riff Services; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the Whiskey Riff Services.
The Whiskey Riff Services are supported by advertising revenue. We will send you commercial email on behalf of ourselves, our affiliates, and advertisers. Each such email we send you will have an opt-out that you can use to stop receiving such communications.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will make your information available to other companies, websites, applications or people in the circumstances described below:
- We may share your information with any affiliate or agent of Whiskey Riff in order to provide the Whiskey Riff Services or advertising or to communicate with you on our behalf.
- When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest advertisers, operators, or sponsors and the use of that information will be also governed by those advertisers’, operators’, or sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
- We may disclose your information in response to requests from law enforcement authorities, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Your information may also be transferred to a trustee or other person in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy or other insolvency event.
How You Can Access and Update Your Information
You may review and update certain user profile information by logging in to the relevant portions of the Whiskey Riff Services where such information may be updated (if available) or by contacting us at whiskeyriffwes [at] gmail [dot] com
How We Protect Information
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable.
Linked Sites and Advertisements
The Whiskey Riff Services may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites.
Users from Outside the United States
Whiskey Riff prohibits registration or subscription by, and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to email@example.com
No Rights of Third Parties
All images on WhiskeyRiff.com are either submitted to Whiskey Riff by email or are readily available in various places on the Internet and believed to be in the public domain. Whiskey Riff respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. If you are a copyright owner of a photograph or other material that appears on WhiskeyRiff.com, that you claim violates your copyright, please notify us as follows and it will be removed.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
• A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Whiskey Riff’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: Wes Langeler; whiskeyriffwes [at] gmail [dot] com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Please note that submitting intentionally misleading reports of infringement may be punishable under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”) in the United States