Now, on to the best of 2018. We start with the 10 Best Singles.
Trying to narrow down everything that encompasses country music in the past year to a simplified list of “10 best songs” is an extremely difficult task. There are hundreds and hundreds of great songs from such a wide variety of artists that even establishing the criteria for what songs qualify is difficult in itself. So with that being said, we kept our list to singles only, and ones that were released to country radio in the past year.
These 10 songs bring something uniquely special to country music lyrically and emotionally, all while remaining completely authentic. Some might make you cry, some might jack you up, and some of them are just damn good country songs – in the end, all of them will continue to live on as timeless additions to the legacy of this great thing we call country music.
10. Kacey Musgraves – “Space Cowboy”
Off one of the most highly-praised albums of 2018.
9. Chris Janson – “Drunk Girl”
An incredibly important message.
8. Eric Church – “Desperate Man”
He’s back, and continues to do things his way.
7. Dierks Bentley ft. Brothers Osborne – “Burning Man”
The best collaboration of the year.
6. Cole Swindell – “Break Up In The End”
Cole taking his music to new heights.
5. Cam – “Diane”
This song was not talked about nearly enough.
4. Cody Johnson – “On My Way To You”
Country as country gets.
3. Tenille Townes – “Somebody’s Daughter”
2. Ashley McBryde – “Girl Goin’ Nowhere”
Chills on chills.
1. Luke Combs – “Beautiful Crazy”
There’s no stopping Luke.