Fire up the grill.
This year is going by fast and summer will be here before we know it. With summer, comes backyard barbecues and lots of meat. Burgers and hotdogs are classics but it’s time to switch it up.
Fireball Whisky Glazed Chicken, people. You read that right. This will give you the sweet heat you’ve been wanting all winter. Let’s do it…
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red pepper jelly
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp BBQ seasoning
5 easy steps:
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together ketchup, red pepper jelly, sugar, cider vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes. Add Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey and simmer 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare grill. Season both sides of the chicken with BBQ seasoning. Cook chicken until almost done, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Baste chicken with Fireball Glaze, cook for 2 minutes. Flip chicken, baste again and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove chicken from grill.
- Serve chicken with remaining Fireball Glaze.