I’m about to be washing my hands a lot more.
Alright, I’m not going to bullsh*t you, this isn’t the easiest craft out there. But add whiskey to anything and you know we’ll try it.
We came across this recipe for Caramel Tobacco & Whiskey Soap and we were intrigued, of course.
What you’ll need:
24 oz. unscented cold process soap, grated
1 oz. shea butter
1 oz. cocoa butter
1 oz. walnut oil
2.25 oz. bourbon whiskey
.85 oz. Tobacco Caramel fragrance oil
.25 oz. pumpkin seed oil
1 Tablespoon marshmallow root powder
1 Tablespoon bronze mica powder
- Use a digital scale to weigh out the grated soap, shea butter, cocoa butter and whiskey and combine in a large pot over low heat on the stove.
- Mix occasionally until all ingredients are melted together then allow to simmer a bit longer to burn off all of the alcohol from the whiskey.
- Weigh out the walnut and pumpkin seed oils and stir into the mixture.
- Next, use measuring spoons to measure out the marshmallow root powder and bronze mica. Stir into the soap until completely incorporated.
- Lastly, weigh out the fragrance and stir into the melted soap. Remove from heat and quickly spoon the soap into all of the mold cavities and set aside to cool.
- When hardened, pop out of the molds and allow to set for a few days. Enjoy!